Cruisin Culture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgins Show Guide.

4 posters

Go down

Virgins Show Guide.  Empty Virgins Show Guide.

Post by The Bishop Tue May 22, 2012 7:51 am

Virgins Show Guide

Hi Guys. For those who Dont Know Me I am "The Bishop" I have my own Custom Car Moddification Company here in South Wales. I Met a couple of you at Performance Action Day @ Combe. I hope to meet some more During the Season. I am Easy going, Enjoy long walks on the beach and have an open relationship with my Biatch VANMAN.

Seriously tho, a few People have asked about show season, as they have either never taken part or just dont have a clue of what happens. A Few years ago I wrote this "VIRGINS SHOW GUIDE" for some people on a diffrent site to help out with those things people dont realise or simply forget about during the season.

Please dont take offence if this is teaching you to suck eggs, But I have been going to show for over 10 Years, And I still check my list to this day. Simply an idea of what you need and what we have found usefull to make show season as enjoyable as possible.

Enjoy, Happy Modding and grab my arm at a show, I dont bite.

The Bishop.

Preperation / Season Start

First things first. At the start of the season, If your sad like me, You need to prepare. Some of the things I tend to do are below.

- Grab yourself a good ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE membership (AA,RAC,Green Flag etc)
always a good plan to get yourself covered. Most of these companies do a good price for "GET YOU HOME" cover. That is what you need, but please remember to tell them that you have a custom car. The worst thing is breaking down waiting 2 hrs only to find the truck they send wont take a lowered car. I ended up paying £130 to to RAC in 2007 the get me back from DONNY when my head Gasket Went. If I hadn't had cover it would have cost over £1200 for Three Lowloaders. £39 dont seem so bad now.

- Sevice your Ride. Make sure that your Car is fit for the season. The Season Runs from April to September (Arguably). I tend to get my TAX and MOT done in March so that I dont have to worry during the season. Plus it gives you a month to fix any Failure problems. also 6 Months tax means not tax during winted rebuilds.

- Tools. Please invest in a decent set of tools. I will post later what I consider a basic kit. Most of us will convoy, and there will usually be a "CRUISE SUPPPORT VEHICLE" (usually me). but it is always good to carry some tools if you can.

Camping Gear

If You are planning to camp out, you can get away with very little. I will give you a list of what I Take in a Car, Although I am usually in my Truck, This is not set in stone and can cost a bit of wedge, but you will not be uncomfortable during your show.

- Tents
Depending on how many of you are going, states the size of tent. Dont Buy Cheap. However get a bargain. Usually during MARCH / APRIL alot of place will do good deals on Tents and Stuff. The Big Orange Car Shop, do a good deal it is usally about £100-00 for the kit I got.

1 x 4 man tent with central living area and ground sheet.
2 x dbl inflatable Mattreses
1 x Matress Pump
4 x Sleeping bags
2 x Battery Powered lanterns
1 x Wheel'd storage bag.

I have had mine since 2007 and it is still in pretty good condition. There are loads of these kind of deals about, GO OUTDOORS is worth a look as well.

As Well as the above you need the Following

1 x Camping stove / Bistro Style. (Usually less than £10, get the kind that takes a Butane canister and looks like a single Gas Ring They are safe and wont fall over in the wind.
4 x Gas Canister. I say four because they usually sell them in fours.
Camping Cook Ware, from argos about £20 for a 5 piece set inc Kettle
Plates Etc, From argos £35 for a 4 person set in a back pack will last for ages.
Folding Chair, from argos £9.
Wahing up Bowl, Tea Towels, a chopping board.
Table is always good, Argos Do a Folding 4 Person Picnic table for £30 I have had one for over 5 years.
CAN OPENER, Every one always forgets. Take 2.

Food

Although the Show season "STAY AWAYS" are all about the DRINK, there is more than just beer. Dont take stupid stuff that you wont use, Like wise dont take crap, you will need the energy and shows are EXPENSIVE for food.

A Basic 2 day List looks like this for me.

-BEER (2 x Cases)
-Jack Daniels (3 Litres)
-Coke x 6 litres
-Monster (3 Cases)
-2 x 5 Litre Water ( good for cooking and if car overheats)
-Milk (UHT)
-Coffee (Lots)
-Sugar
-Butter
-Bread Rolls (easier)
-Bacon (best breakfast ever)
-Eggs
-Instant Noodles (super or Pot)
-One Cal Spray Oil (Amazing)
-Crisps
-Chocolate (Mars etc / Great Pick me up)
-Meat ( either for BBq or a nice steak for Sat Night)
-Cerial ( last for ages and is great any time)
-Beans (Classic)

It is Now traditrional that on the Saturday Night Of Mod Nats, Myself and the VANMAN CLAN tend to have a Full on Curry Night. Its a Laugh but wee been doing this for years. You take what you like but remeber, YOU HAVE TO COOK IT, easy is best at STAY AWAYS. You wont want to hang around cooking food when the clubs are open and show is on and tent needs packing up on sunday morning etc. So its all about simple.

Good To have But Not Essential

Over the Years we have realised that there are things to take that make life easy, These aren't essential but if you planning on doing show season for a couple of years, then they are worth the cost.

- Walkie Talkies ( Get At Least a 5KM range / Argos £40 for two Binatone) These are more for the trip than the show. They are alot easier than ILLIGALLY TEXTING WHILE DRIVING, and a bit of a laugh during the convoy, also good incase of brakedown or problems on the road, get a set with many channels, as most other people use radios for convoys and you dont want clashing channels.

- Spare Phone. Seriously get one, a cheap Pay as you go / Sim free. Stick it in your glove box. Nothing worse than problems on the way home and your battery is dead. Even if you have a car charger for yours. if you loose your phone or break it you got a back up. Trust Me Been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Batteries. For camera etc, It happens!!!

- Money Stash!!!!. I always have a stash of CASH somewhere in my Ride. Hidden!!! So dont look!!!!!! If you loose your wallet or it gets nicked or you spend it all, you will still have petrol money to get you home!!!!!! It is worth it. been there too. and you will soon see how many of your friends are actually friends when you need £50 worth of Unleaded to get home and you lost you cash.

-Inverter Its Worth investing in an INVERTER. They are only about £30 for a 150 watt, Thats pleanty to run small electricals from your car battery.

-Tools A basic Set is Essential, My Basic is The Following.

-Socket Set
-Screw drivers Flat / Pozi
-FORD FIX IT KIT (ROLL of Gaffer Tape)
-2 x Tire Weld ( only cost £8 a can and will get you off a motorway)
-Trolly Jack
-Tire Iron
-Jerry Can
-Cable Ties
-Blade Fuses
-Bulbs
-Oil
-Water

This is the Basic, I usually take my Truck to shows and have a full Snap-on Tool Box on board with loads of other stuff, but I am over cautious after 2007.

Sat Nav Take a Wrong Turn and you will get Lost. They are pretty cheap these days.

That is pretty much it. Once again this isn't set in stone and it is just a helping hand. Take what ever you want to take. I am just trying to pass on some of my experience from many years of Show Seasons. Get your own gear, dont worry about everyone else and the season will be great.

I hope that this guide helps you out, if you are a SHOW SEASON VIRGIN, or even if you are a veteran with brain freeze. Have A Great Season and keep it between the ditches. Remeber Rides can be rebuilt, People can't, be safe and keep your friends safe.

Check out the Convoy rules topic if you have never convyied to a show.

Happy Modding and see you soon!!!!!

THE BISHOP

Last edited by The Bishop on Tue May 22, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
The Bishop
The Bishop

http://www.everymodificationcounts.com

Back to top Go down

Virgins Show Guide.  Empty Re: Virgins Show Guide.

Post by crg-photography Tue May 22, 2012 9:03 am

so where is this guide lol Razz
crg-photography
crg-photography

http://www.CRG-Photography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Man Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 am

only took an hour and a half to write!
Van Man
Van Man
Admin

https://cruisinculture.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bishop Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 am

Van Man wrote:only took an hour and a half to write!

Lol Was Trying to remember it all. I did Write it Like 2 Yrs ago dude. Its done now so Shush!!!!!!
The Bishop
The Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by X SARAH X Tue May 22, 2012 10:50 am

awesome thanks Bish!!
X SARAH X
X SARAH X

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bishop Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 am

Your Most Welcome Sarah!!!!! Done Convoy Rules for You to as a Buy one Get One Free Deal!!!!! lol
The Bishop
The Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by X SARAH X Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am

yay! they need to learn the rules around here everyone races off!! does my head in! lol bish which ones free?? pmsl x
X SARAH X
X SARAH X

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bishop Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 am

Well Technicaly Their Both Free. But I guess the Convoy Rules Cause i only Got Asked for "SHOW VIRGINS" lol
The Bishop
The Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Man Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 am

dude, you would have cried at the Fresh Additions meet. I went to the first location, to convoy to the car park, they hit a dual carriageway and all raced off, the Fresh Additions lot, I couldn't keep up, had to find my own way there! Sad
Van Man
Van Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X SARAH X Tue May 22, 2012 11:05 am

malin took us the other way!!!!! i was fuming i was like i new i should of ffffin drove!!!!
X SARAH X
X SARAH X

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Man Tue May 22, 2012 11:06 am

and you can drive it better!
Van Man
Van Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X SARAH X Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 am

shhhhh Razz
X SARAH X
X SARAH X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down